Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is surgery for my underarm growth necessary? Please Help!?

I've posted a few questions regarding this matter. I've had some growth under my left arm for 13 days now. I'm on antibiotics. I "think" the cyst or boil or whatever is shrinking a little bit. I've never had a boil/cyst before so I don't think I have MRSA. My questions are:


1. Has anyone experienced anything like this?


2. Will the growth eventually go back into my skin so my underarm doesn't have any raised bumps on it without surgery?


3. If someone has experienced this, how probable is it that I'll have to get this surgically removed?





I'm really worried and consumed with this thing.





Thanks!!

Is surgery for my underarm growth necessary? Please Help!?
These are really questions for a medical professional and, frankly, someone would have to see the growths to give you any reasonable answer to your question. There are a lot of possibilities -- some that will make you feel silly for worrying all the way to those that indicate a more serious condition -- but there's no standard method of diagnosis without being able to see the actual growth. It could be a pimple, cyst, boil, bug bite, or tumor. It may even require a biopsy.





I haven't had one of these myself, but my husband has various moles and tags, which he keeps track of in case they start to change. He had one that seemed to be growing or somehow not normal, so he had to have it biopsied. It turned out to be nothing, but the doctor couldn't tell without having it analyzed by the lab.





Since you're on antibiotics, it sounds like you're already seeing your doctor for some condition. You should definitely let him/her know that you're concerned about this growth and find out what they think.


No comments:

Post a Comment