Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weight loss and symptoms on this regime with PCOS? Anyone?

Ok, I have PCOS, bad PCOS too - I have every symptom imaginable and believe me it's harsh to live with.





I was wondering wether my PCOS will effect my weight loss? I'm doing 30mins on a cross trainer everyday + 40mins walking every other day and sticking to a 1200 calorie GI diet.





Also will the weight loss relieve the symptoms at all? I have noticed my periods seem to be getting more regular but what about acne, greasy skin, excess hair growth - will they settle down too? I'm not on any pill atm (was on Dianette) but taking a break from it as I don't like the idea of being on it forever!





Thanks for any help and suggestions! :o)


XxxxxxxxxxX

Weight loss and symptoms on this regime with PCOS? Anyone?
It will be hard to lose weight, but once you do, it will have a drastic effect on your other symptoms as well. I was up to 227 at one point (I'm 6 ft tall) and then had gallbladder surgery and decided after that it was time to get serious about getting healthy and worry about weightloss later, ironically (I had tried tons of diets). So I went vegetarian, organic, started juicing and taking herbal alternatives and dropped to 174 in 6 months. This was without exercise and enjoying my cholocate as normal, lol! After that, my cycles started normalizing and I went from a few cycles a year to having a period every other month. I don't have hirsutism (thankfully) so I'm not sure if that really decreases. My face also cleared up, but I don't know if it was solely because of the weight loss or in addition to eating better.





Of course these effects vary from person to person, but I'm sure that you will notice a lot of differences when your weight drops.





Good luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment