Saturday, July 24, 2010

Does anyone know if taking too many Benadryl causes long term negative side effects?

I have been experiencing skin changes, hair loss, hair growth on body, extremely dry mouth (no saliva) and severe pressure in my sinus, as well as inability to move bowels. Any ideas if this could be from the benadryl? any clue how to check? I've had extensive bloodwork taken and all is fine.

Does anyone know if taking too many Benadryl causes long term negative side effects?
are you on any other medications? Going through hormonal changes? Eating differently? All of those factors could influence what you are describing, especially the hair loss/hair growth thing. Sounds like you are malnourished in some way. How much Benadryl are you taking? I don't think that taking it in the past can cause these side-effects. I've take A LOT of it before (stuck in the jungle with MOSQUITOES!)... and I overtook it in order to sleep sometimes, like I'd take 3-4 every 6 hours or something for a summer and I never experienced anything like this, nor have I heard of anything like this.
Reply:I asked my doctor the same question and he said there are no known side effects to taking anti-histamines (like Benadryl), except drowsiness.

shell flower

No comments:

Post a Comment