Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get muscle and does weight lifting stunt growth?

I'm 13 years old, 8th grade, 4'9, 69 lbs. So I'm pretty much skin and bones. I have no biceps whatsoever and I am wondering if I should start lifting weights. But I have almost no fat on my arms so if I lift weights will I get muscles or should I start overeating? And I've heard weight lifting stunts growth. I'm already really short for my age so I'm wondering if it's true or not? Also sometimes if I lift up my shirt you can see my ribs so if I try to get a six-pack will they show more or less?

How can I get muscle and does weight lifting stunt growth?
the guy that answered earlier is totally wrong, my father being a physician and a good friend has educated me in a lot of his ideas and work ethics, since i aspire to become a doctor in 1 year. But i can tell you that you should wait till you are the age of 16, and eat while you are on ur way there. And NO WEIGHT LIFTING DOES NOT STUNT GROWTH! ITS A MYTH!!!!, shaq o'neil, and lot of other atheletes started weight lifting at early teens, DID THEY STUNT THEIR GROWTH??!!?!? NO!, so dont worry about it now.





and no Joey G, im not calling you a liar, im just stating the truth, as many people would have said the same thing, but it is a myth that parents generate for their kids.
Reply:At your age you could start lifting but I would wait until high school to take anything seriously because yes it can stunt your growth and if you want to get into better shape I recommend that you join a sports team or you do something like karate, because they help you gain flexibility and muscle also don't over eat but start eating a lot of carbs

creeping

No comments:

Post a Comment