Monday, November 21, 2011

My puppy is losing hair under his chin and on his belly.?

Hoss is a 14 week old Yorkie and should be about 3 lbs as an adult. Recently he was sick with low blood sugar and coccidia. We treated all of our dogs and then we found out that one of the other puppies had hookworms and treated them for that also. Then I noticed Hoss's hair was falling out under his chin and shortly after that on his belly. Now he has thinning spots on his head just above his eyebrows. I haven't taken him to the vet cause I thot it was just a reaction from being so sick but it has continued to fall out, his coat feels very coarse near his body where the new growth is coming in. As far as I can tell no new growth is coming in where the bald spots are but neither is it smooth skin either. I know it is not mange, there is no crustiness on his skin. I will take him to the vet next week as soon as they can fit him in but in the meantime I was wondering if it might be something else.





Does anyone have any suggestions? Something I can possibly treat at home? Sylvia

My puppy is losing hair under his chin and on his belly.?
It could be several things, so it is best to get the vet's opinion. Because you could be treating something that just causes more problems.





If it is a reaction to some of the treatment, the vet will know what to do.





Is he scratching, is he biting on some areas?





If it is just a short period of time before he sees the vet, I would just wait until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment